Pages

29 January 2014

Why Share MY Story?

I share in the off chance that my own story might touch someone's life in a positive way.


We never know where our lives will take us, and by documenting the journey, we are given perspective and always left with the HOPE that MIRACLES DO, and continue to, HAPPEN! 


A miracle. That's exactly what it was on 1/5/14 when a home test confirmed what my 41 year old body was feeling - I was positive! For my FIRST and ONLY pregnancy. A visit to the women's health pavilion 2 days later solidified our findings and the doctor had no worries about me catching a pre-scheduled flight to Wisconsin for travel to Michigan and back later that same week.
The following Tuesday, I drove myself, alone and scared, to a Wisconsin hospital where I was given bad news. I had miscarried. A process that is still riddling my body with weird hormones fluctuations, pain and anemia. 

No more broken heart though; No, for it is forever FILLED with another tiny little heart that had just barely began to beat, so that my own might be opened for more love than I ever thought possible.

So why am I so HAPPY?!??!!  Why am I so compelled to continue to share my story??!?!?

Because just weeks before I had been blessed with my little Nugget, God had laid the word "HOPE" onto my heart. I didn't know exactly why at the time and I'm still not sure of what my future story holds. What I do know is that it, the rest of my story, contains the promise of HOPE - with extra HOPE to share with those who may need to hear it. 
Quite possibly for you. Maybe not now. Maybe not ever. But maybe for someone you know to whom you can also share. 

Between a marathon month of traveling, I met with my current OBGYN to discuss next steps. Chosen off of wall of business cards because her first and middle name is that of my late mother-in-law, Dawn, she is (they are?) truly my angel(s) of HOPE!


Dawn says that for whatever reason, my body is now ready to carry a child. She says that the clean eating and regular light exercise is most likely the number one reason why my body has reacted to positive fertility. It has regulated my weight and my hormones (all that had consistently tested in 'normal' ranges throughout our baby struggle). She referred me to the doctor that helped her out of my same scenario and says we should hope for...no, EXPECT...to be pregnant again within the next 4 months. 


Now this is the part of the story I had previously left out; my journey to better physical and emotional health. And while I don't want to give anyone FALSE hope, I want to impress upon YOUR heart the power of positivity, empowering of self and of overall health. 


I'm not a fitness junkie. In fact, I'm still in the top of my normal weight range and I never stopped eating pizzaBut I did read "The Slight Edge" by Nerium International Founder and CEO Jeff Olsen, and put its principles into practice, even when it seemed counterproductive or when there were super tough choices to make in order to do so. 

(If you want a copy..I'll send you one of mine..just email me at toddginareuscher@yahoo.com)

So please: STAY POSITIVE. STAY HEALTHY. Keep the faith. And always have HOPE that something awesome is about to happen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails