Pages

12 March 2014

Bean

Bella (my 80 lb. German Shepherd) and I were playing lazily on the bed last Thursday night. She likes to talk (a lot), so it would be rude of me not to talk back. The conversation turned to me tugging at her poor teddy bear and telling her she needed a real baby to cuddle and protect.

"Belly-Bean need a Jelly-Bean?" I asked. That's one of my nicknames for her: Belly Bean or just Bean.

From then on, I couldn't get it out of my mind. While I miss my Nugget, I'm ready to try for Jelly Bean.


I woke up on Saturday ready to serve. Nerium was hosting a regional meeting and the speaker was one of our very favorite leaders that we feel honored to now call friend. I had also arranged a clothing drive benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters for our team.

After the meeting, I had a ton of help loading up over 1200 lbs. of donated clothes. I noticed a petite woman with short auburn hair and teal scarf mulling around the area out of the corner of my eye. I didn't think much about it until it felt a little weird. When things died down a bit, I stood talking to a friend and this stranger approached.

She remained laser-focused on me and almost completely ignored my friend. She asked a few questions about all the bags and I told her about our corporate sponsorship and the fundraiser. I handed over some BBBS collateral, some swag and my business card, introducing myself and my friend to which still remained invisible.

Weird.

She told us her name and asked me a few personal questions about how I got involved with BBBS. I told the elevator-version of my story. She dug a little deeper. Her expressions changed as I spoke and she seemed almost displeased; frustrated that I wasn't getting to the point. She dug deeper still, this time hinting that maybe there was more to the story. I awkwardly, and apologetically, should it be too much info (TMI, lady!), told her of my recent pregnancy, loss and hope.

She briefly touched my arm with squinted eyes and shrugged shoulders with what I thought was some kind of grin. I felt her little hug shoot through me in chills. "I'm a little bit psychic," she said. "No...I'm AM psychic."

With that, she explained that she was drawn to talk to me. She said that she saw a bean. By my reaction, she knew that I thought I knew what she meant.

I'm not sure if I said anything in return. She continued to say "It's golden. It's a golden bean!" She said she couldn't tell me how to interpret that - it could mean that an adoption was going to happen or that it would be a natural birth for me...but repeated that it was a golden bean - with such confidence and joy I was moved to tears. I thanked her and hugged her. I'm sure I thanked her again and again.

As she walked away she stopped and returned. She had that same 'unfinished story' look. She said that she wasn't done; that there was something else she was supposed to tell me. Then she threw up her hands and said, "The best is yet to come! That's it! The best is yet to come!" with as much jubilance as the first message. Then she did an about-face and quickly scooted away as if vanishing into thin air.

Wow.

I believe in energy. I believe that some of us are more connected to this than others. I believe that this is how God created us - in his image. Did this moment come from God? Did that message come from God? Was the bean a baby? Or does a golden bean represent the golden egg to my business? Is it all hogwash?!?!?

I can't help notice, in this very moment, that her name rearranged spells 'heal'.

I believe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails