Pages

02 July 2010

B is for BABY (and an unrelated FLIP OFF!)

I got this adorable thank you card from my husband's cousin about to pop in Florida.  It was so cute I had to share!  I'm pretty sure she had no idea it fit my blog theme so well - but I like to think it is JUST for me ;)  THANKS for the THANK YOU! 

Now onto my rant...

When you are trying to have a baby - EVERYBODY else is pregnant but you.  It's like when you buy a new car and then realize that EVERYBODY else drives exactly that same one the first time you take it out. 

Of course I am happy for those women.  But my own stomach churns with envy.  Then I just feel guilty for being jealous.  

So today, I am joining in my first FRIDAY FLIP-OFF.  

BIG THANKS to KludgyMom for cracking me UP..and for Honesty for leading me to her FFs!

1.  BIG F-ing FLIP OFF to MYSELF for being such a lame-o when it comes to the above.

2.  Flip the Flip OFF to losing my F-ing job this week.  What the FREAK?!??!!

3.  Here's a big one to the hubby.  That's right.  You FLIPPIN' FLIP - for going to finish your tattoo..and for taking a 1/2 day off...and for going to play golf with your buddies last week and again this week.  Who's your new sugar momma, dude?!?!?  All the while my closet doors are still not hung and the trim on my siding is still tripping me in the garage! 

4. And lastly, FLIP OFF to gray hair.  Course and crazy and with a mind of its own.  You don't even FLIP yourself anymore - all limp and dried up.  You have disappointed me with your unruly behavior and for taking over the rest of my head.  YOU are fired next - I will replace you with a new brilliant color from a box...and a new blingy hat!

AHHHHHHHHH.
That felt GOOD!

8 comments:

alicia said...

Sorry about your job and not being able to get pg. That really sucks. Hope things perk up for you. Hugs.

alicia @ a beautiful mess

Contact: said...

Those are some good rants! I'm job searching myself and it SUCKS.

Gigi said...

Hi Gina,

thanks for coming by and joining up with us! So glad you did! It sounds like you had one rough week.

I remember that feeling of everybody around me being pg when I wasn't. it's so hard. I feel your pain on that and will send some good vibes your way...and for the job, too!

I love the flip about your husband...that cracked me up. My hubs manages to get out of a LOT of chores somehow...hm.

Kendra said...

So sorry to hear you lost your job! I'm on the employment hunt, too. It's frustrating! Flipping it off with you!

Have a great 4th!

Tayarra said...

Todd - tsk tsk! What's up with that? You know I send my love girl! So glad you linked up!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Sorry babe! I've been outta work for a year (another laid off teacher) and it doesn't look like there's anything coming.

Don't worry about feeling bad cause it seems like everyone else is pregnant. The 6 months before we got pregnant, 10 babies were born in our church....10! I swear, I was the only one without a child.

It will happen for you. Thinking good thoughts for you!

BLOGitse said...

Good luck for a new job hunting...
Hope your next week will be better!
Sunny blog hop greetings, from Casablanca, Morocco!

BLOGitse

Maureen said...

Sorry to hear about the job dept...hope it'll get better and you'll get pregnant soon. Oh I feel you on the gray hair, just found mine the other day. Bummer. Have a great 4th July weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails